Top 10 Work Sharing OpportunitiesD
Find Your Perfect Side Hustle
The “sharing economy” is a the rise of peer-to-peer commerce. Instead of doing business with big companies, people can do business directly with other people and make extra cash in the process. Following are the top 10 work sharing opportunities that you can start today.
- Share Your Home – Airbnb. With this peer-to-peer lodging network, you rent out your guest bedroom to travelers. You set your own rates, and you can see a guest’s profile information and ratings before they arrive. Airbnb carries a $1 million liability policy to protect your property from damages.
Earn: $50-200 a night.
https://www.airbnb.com/ or https://www.roomorama.com
- Share Your Car (With You In It) – Lyft. With Lyft, you collect “donations” for picking people up and driving them around town in your car. Why donations? Because that way – for legal reasons – it’s “not a taxi service.”
Earn: $15-35 per hour.
https://www.lyft.me/ or https://www.uber.com/
- Share Your Car Without You In it – GetAround. Rent your car by the hour when you’re not using it. Obviously newer nicer cars command higher rates.
Earn: $5-15 per hour, an average of $500 per month.
http://www.getaround.com/ or https://relayrides.com
- Share Your Driveway – ParkingPanda. If you live in a popular neighborhood where parking might be at a premium, you can offer your spot up for rent – if you don’t happen to be using it.
Earn: $10-40 per car.
- Share Your Time – TaskRabbit. Earn money running errands for other people in your city. Tasks range from picking up people’s dry cleaning to waiting in line for the new iPhone. Virtual tasks you can complete online are sometimes available as well.
Earn $10-30 per hour.
- Share Your Knowledge – Skillshare. Create your own online course teaching what you know and instruct students from all over the world.
Earn: $15-50 per student
http://www.skillshare.com/ or http://www.udemy.com
- Share Your (Pet-Friendly) Home – DogVacay. If you’re a dog lover, you can open your doors to canine friends and play host to other people’s pups. It’s a great alternative to boarding for the animals, and a fun way earn some cash.
Earn: $20-50 a night
http://dogvacay.com/ or http://rover.com
- Share Your Things – Zilok. Zilok is perfect if you’ve got a garage or attic full of stuff that rarely gets used. The lets you rent out that gear (think bikes, ladders, power tools, kayaks, sewing machines, etc) to neighbors for a fee.
Earn: $15+ per rental
http://us.zilok.com/ or http://www.neighborgoods.com
- Share Your Local Insight – Vayable. Guide visitors around your city and share unique experiences the way only a local can. You set your own itinerary, activities, and pricing.
Earn: $40 and up per tour
https://www.vayable.com or http://localguiding.com
- Share Your Money – Prosper. Peer-to-peer lending can be an interesting addition to your portfolio. Pooled together with other lenders, you combine forces to fulfill other people’s loans. I generally buy partial stakes in these notes $25 or $50 to maximize diversification and minimize the risk in case one of the borrowers defaults.
http://www.prosper.com/ or http://www.lendingclub.com